Mobile Phone Validation
Join the QAN MainNet as an ecosystem member with your mobile phone.
💡[Definition] Validation ("Mining"):
In most blockchains, miners are individuals who contribute their computing power to verify the information on blockchain transactions and then add them in blocks on the blockchain.
[Market problem]: Current consensus algorithms are solving only one problem
Proof-of-Work (PoW) and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) are two of the most used consensus mechanisms. PoW, also known as mining consumes a tremendous amount of energy and requires unnecessary hardware. The other solution, Proof-of-Stake (PoS), uses significantly less energy but is not democratic.
New transparent technology such as blockchain should not waste our precious environmental resources. It is important to create and participate in technologies that lessen the burden on the earth and its resources.
QANplatform developed a new consensus algorithm that consumes considerably less energy and yet remains democratic.
Thanks to the Proof-of-Randomness (PoR) consensus algorithm, validation ("mining") can be done even with a mobile phone or Raspberry Pi on QANplatform.
Thanks to the low hardware and energy requirements of PoR, everyone will be able to join as a validator on the QAN public blockchain (QAN MainNet).
Key Takeaways — [Mobile Phone Validation]:
- Proof-of-Randomness (PoR) is a new consensus algorithm developed by QANplatform.
- Proof-of-Randomness (PoR) is combines the best parts of Proof-of-Work (PoW) and Proof-of-Stake (PoS).
- Proof-of-Randomness (PoR) is decentralized, environment-friendly, and fast.
- Thanks to the PoR consensus algorithm, validation ("mining") can be done even with a mobile phone or Raspberry Pi.
- Validation starts with the QAN MainNet launch in 2022.